Saturday, September 1, 2012

DUMPING AARP

Many people (like myself until recently) automatically joined AARP because, it was just something to do when you reached the age of 50.  It seemed like there were some pretty good discounts and membership advantages and to be honest, I really never took the time to do any research.  Over the past year I began to hear some things about how liberal AARP was and how they were pushing OBAMACARE because they stand to make tons of money from selling coverage plans to seniors and others who will be forced to buy insurance.  I was finally able to put 2 and 2 together and decided that I was not going to renew my membership, which just happened to be running out in July.  
I started to look for an alternative, something a bit more in line with my beliefs and came upon an organization called AMAC (the association of mature American citizens).  This senior organization espouses the best of conservative values and beliefs.  Not to mention, they are growing and getting stronger.  The organization sent me a copy of their magazine and I must say I was impressed.  It was comprised of some very informational articles regarding the economy and the perils of Obamacare.  If you are a member of AARP and you are leaning conservative, you should consider AMAC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment