Tuesday, December 6, 2011

LIVING IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE

Thank God This is My Reality
OK I've finally figured it out.  None of this is real.  Not Obama, not a lame, ineffective Congress, not a collapsing economy, not the Donald Trump debate, not the hag show called The View, or openly gay men in the military or even, an American Attorney General spearheading weapons sales to drug cartels.  Neither is a 14 trillion dollar debt, or Barbara Walters still on TV, or that Regis retired.  And to think I was buying it all.  I actually believed that there were 57 states, corpsemen in the army and people were actually involved in something called "tweeting."  I even thought somebody built an electric car that was always catching fire, that Alec Baldwin was a liberal hack, that we were sending billions of dollars to Pakistan.  Can you imagine how foolish I felt actually believing that some fruitcake named Barney caused an economic catastrophe, that a bunch of vagrants were taking over public parks around the country and that Americans were starting election cycles two years in advance.  Pretty amazing, huh?  I was never so happy to realize that I was actually living in an episode of The Twilight Zone.  I feel much better knowing that I'm living there.  Can you imagine if all that other stuff was real?

No comments:

Post a Comment