Tuesday, October 9, 2012

PLEASE LET THE ADS STOP

The number and content of all the political ads we are being subject to have become unbearable a long time ago.  The lies, the exaggerations,  and fact that most don't talk about why a certain candidate would be better, but rather, why the other candidate is evil, have risen to the most disgusting levels ever.  
The ads in every campaign from the presidential, all the way down to the county races, are nothing but negative garbage.  Voters are treated as if they need to be tricked into voting for a candidate only because the other guy is so bad and not because the one they are voting for, has accomplished anything of worth in his or her life.  
All one has to do is look at the presidential race and the ads in that election.  It is a really deplorable state that our political system is in.  I've gotten to the point that I tune them all out and just read various sites on the Internet because I can be much more selective in what I subject myself to.  I'm certain it will never get better and in fact, only get worse.  
I realize that dirty tactics in political races are nothing new, but, in today's America, the dirt is constant.  If only voters were smarter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment