Saturday, March 10, 2012

GOVERNMENT WASTE EXPOSED: TSA EDITION

I have to give kudos to this guy for exposing the billions wasted by the bureaucrats in the TSA .
Sometimes I wonder if it's a good idea or not to make this stuff so public but, then I realize that in this day and age, it's pretty  hard to keep anything under wraps.  It's probably good that weaknesses like this are exposed , IF something will be done to correct the problem.  In this case I don't look for those in charge to pay much attention, since doing so would expose them even more to the deserved criticism they already receive.  
We are now being told more and more, that every invasive technique used to monitor us or invade our privacy is for our own good.  When do we draw the line?  When is enough enough?  I can't even imagine where this is headed but, I have a bad feeling that ten years from now, we will be saying,  "these were the good old days when all they did was body scan you."
I came to the conclusion long ago that common sense is dead in this country,  or if not totally dead, on it's last legs.  Truthfully, I don't think we are capable of going back, so I've prepared myself to live with the constant stupidity of things as they are.  Not a great outlook I know and I truly hope I'm wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment