Sunday, March 14, 2010

SUICIDE BY INCUMBENT

Politicians who seem to think that a decades long career in Congress is something to brag about need to rethink that view.  Judging by the massive problems in our country including such things as; illegal immigration, increasing violence, a failed war on drugs, two long term wars and a disastrous economic situation, just to name a few, I don't think I would want anyone to know I was in government running things for the past 20, 30 or 40 years.  In fact I would be embarrassed to let anyone know that I have been in government and failing at things for so long.  
My question is, "haven't guys like Kennedy, Spector,  Biden, Byrd etc., been around long enough and doing so many great things (if you believe their campaign ads) that every problem should be fixed by now?  How much more time do you need?  After 30 years of you in power Congressman, shouldn't everything be hunky dory?  
In answer to my facetious question, we all know that fixing things is not their goal.  Their goal is to keep getting elected on the promise of fixing things and nothing more.  Keeping their positions, influence and power, trumps solving problems.  Look at the length of time some of these leeches have been in office, reelected over and over, yet conditions in many key areas are worse than ever.  If you went to a doctor that made you feel sicker each time you saw them, wouldn't you leave to find another doctor.  Would you go to that doctor for 30 years?  I think not!  Yet, in the case of these politicians, we keep going back to them for decades.  
It amazes me how stupid we are to keep voting for these people time and again.  What is the old saying that  the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.   Our inability to stick together to vote these career politicians out of office is destroying this country.  I guess we will get what we deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment