Tuesday, April 10, 2012

THE BS IN SUSPENDING CAMPAIGNS


Before I start let me say that I know why it's done but, that doesn't mean I have to like it.  Regarding Rick Santorum's announcement today that he is "suspending" his campaign like so many others have done before him, rubs me the wrong way.    To me you are either running or you are not.  Only in American politics can you play around with reality like this.  Rick Perry did it, Herman Cain did it and soon Gingrich will be doing it as well.  In my opinion, it's all BS.   How can you be allowed to "suspend" a candidacy, when you have no intention or possibility of reentering the race?   
It's probably a silly thing to get irritated about, considering all the other problems we have but, it just reinforces my belief of how everything in this country is "fixed" in some way to help the elite class.  Why can't candidates be permitted to just quit and still allow donations by willing contributors to help pay off their debts?  Why play games with the reality of what's going on?  Because they can I guess!
I wonder if I could suspend my life a bit so as to allow me to catch up with my debts?  Maybe just a little while, till I decide to get back in again?


Post Bonus:

Well here's more bad news in the early going.  I just don't get it. 

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

No comments:

Post a Comment